Monday, October 18, 2010

An Apology, an Explanation, and a New Toy

Well I never thought I'd be apologizing this early into the project.  I did not play half an hour this weekend.  I'm terribly, terribly sorry.  I will tonight and there will be a lovely post to show for it.  In my other life I'm a German Studies grad student, and my department hosted a huge conference this weekend.  I was hosting a presenter, giving a paper, and ended up sleeping sixteen hours on Sunday because being around people that I have to be nice to wears me out (why yes, I am a charming person, why do you ask?).  That effectively ate up any time I hoped to have to game.  It was either play at 11PM, hate it, and be super tired today, or postpone for a day.  Clearly I chose the saner option.

In other news, my lovely husband procured a Nintendo DS for me over the weekend!  Final Fantasy III is apparently only available on the DS in the states, so he swapped some unused cables for an original DS, a copy of Brain Age 2, and Guitar hero for the XBox.  So that's cool.  I have a purple stylus and am super pumped about it.  Obviously I won't be playing FFIII for a while, but it's nice to know I have my ducks in a row.

Suggestions for other games I should get for the DS?  It seems silly to have a device just to play one game on...

No comments:

Post a Comment